Originally Posted By: Nöwheremän
As Doc said, you are not complaining because it makes no sense or is a concession, you are complaining because you just dont like the fact Batman has allies, especially female ones.

That's exactly why it's a concession. Even I were to admit that Batman has gained allies, that doesn't mean any given Batman story requires them to be identified as relevant functionaries to his character let alone elements upon which his efficacy is dependent.

And, by the way, I liked the idea of Cassandra--even though she was Rucka's brainchild. Bitchy Barbara, on the other hand, has always been annoying and superfluous, serving solely as a functionary for attracting more demographics. It's a shame Moore didn't kill her off.

I have no problem with the idea of Batman using other people to meet his goals: that's exactly what both his and Gordon's character have done through the books' history. However, setting up a sensitive network and establishing "family" ties (not to mention associating with the JLA) has always been silly when you consider the character you're working with. It's just a ploy to attract different types of consumers--hardly consonant to Batman's unhinged behavior.