Originally Posted By: thedoctor
 Originally Posted By: thedoctor

Just got it yesterday and haven't had much chance to play it. So far, so good.

A very decent game. It's all first person, which I'd like to have the ability to switch to third for some of the stealth aspects of the game. Mostly because in situations where you have to drop down to a beam or walkway, your guy can totally miss it or just clip the edge and slide off. It also sometime requires just a little too much precision to climb some ledges. Still, it's nowhere near as bad as Assassin's Creed's jacked up parkour system. I expected more puzzles too. Maybe it's because I'm not really that far into the main story as I've spent a lot of time on side missions and replaying previous ones to get more loot to buy upgrades. I also wish that they'd institute some quick move points as this sneaking back and forth from one end of the city to the other is getting tiring.

Still, it's a fun game. I think that I just wish that I'd waited and spent my money on Titanfall instead. I'm not much of a fan of FPS's to begin with and even less so of online multiplayer ones (which is all Titanfall is), but I played the open Beta a couple of weeks back and it was fun as hell.

I like this game but have some issues with it.
Firstly the graphics barely look any different to the previous gen consoles, with some atrocious voice acting and cut scene animations.
Trying to negotiate the map is a nightmare as well, due to the different levels and windows etc. Even travelling back and forth regularly, you still can barely remember a route back.

That said, the stealth aspect is a nice change of pace from most FP games, and its certainly a game to savour rather than a blast through like the multitude of games these days.

The touchpad on the PS4 controller helps you select weapons etc easier, but its far from perfect.

I do find it funny though that whenever PC gamers start throwing out their elitist bullshit about how superior graphics on a PC are, when a series thats traditionally a PC game comes to consoles, its something that doesnt have stunning graphics.