Originally Posted By: Nöwheremän
But your opinion is worthless as its not even remotely based on fact seeing as you think games like Farcry 3 and Red Dead Redemption are NOT massively playable.

Sooooo. You feel that it's the player's responsibility to save at every turn just in case the game's physics, AI, or even concept of "solid ground" go tits-up at random, and that in case of such an event immediately following the completion of an especially tedious mission or difficult challenge but preceding the opportunity to save would not lessen the average player's opinion of the game?

For me, if I just got through unlocking something new, getting some tough-to-reach collectible(s) or completing a tough challenge and the game breaks, I'm not too keen on going back to that particular title anytime soon.

Let me clarify: I enjoyed a lot of the games I mentioned. Far Cry 3 was great except, as Pariah stated, once you beat the game, there's really nothing to do. RDR was a game that I regretted not buying sooner. LA Noire was a mixed bag for me, but overall I WANTED to keep playing. Hell, I even got a laugh out of the Saint's Row series, retardedly easy as the actual game was.

But holy fuck, did it frustrate me when everything went to hell and some significant bit of progress was lost. What I'm saying is, if there were the odd load screens here and there, and virtually no fuckups, I'd be okay with them. I'm not saying the number of load screens in "Thief" is any more okay than the odd bug.

I'm also not saying the bugs are a constant/regular thing, but even a few here and there, especially at the wrong moment, can create a less-than-favorable experience. I mean, Jesus Christ, if I wanted to complain about a persistently buggy game I would've gone straight for The Elder Scrolls V: Buggy as Fuck... I mean Skyrim. Your inference about the regularity of the bugs I mentioned is your inference and yours alone. Good for you if you never encountered any issues, I'm sure you're not alone in that, but I'm also sure neither am I.

"Ah good. Now I'm on the internet clearly saying I like tranny cleavage. This shouldn't get me harassed at all."
-- Lothar of the Hill People