As I said, Lisa Hayward was the weekend news anchor, and later weekday morning news anchor on WPBF 25 for over 10 years before her gig for WSFL 39, and I was just curious how she left, and where she went after. But I guess that's as much as will be revealed.

I think it's a safe bet that WSFL fired her after the DUI, or at best, let her resign.

Apparently, Lisa Hayward's DUI also hastened the death of the program she appeared on, shortly after her departure:

Quote:

WSFL cancels 'The Morning Show'
August 09, 2010

Say goodnight to the The Morning Show. After 16 fruitless months of trying to build an audience for the wake-Morningshow-up program, a kind of rapid-fire ADD version of The Today Show, WSFL-CW 39 pulled the plug after Wednesday's telecast.
Even the arrest of news anchor Lisa Hayward on DUI charges (not to mention a domestic-abuse bust of her WSVN-Fox 7 reporter husband Derek just 48 hours later) apparently failed to move the Nielsen meter. Filling The Morning Show's 5-to-9 a.m. slot: reruns of an ancient Canadian teen soap called Edgemont, Cops, Springer-clone Steve Wilkos, and the mock-court proceedings of judges Mathis and Hatchett. What, no Everybody Loves Raymond? More detail from Herald Ace-ette Bridget Carey here.

UPDATE: While Tribune Broadcasting Co. was firing everybody at The Morning Show, it had these job openings posted on its website: "We’re recruiting a solid team of anti-establishment producer/editors, 'preditors,' to collaborate on a groundbreaking morning news/infotainment format unlike anything ever attempted on local TV." Except at our station in Fort Lauderdale, where we're about to fire everybody.

Ouch!

I don't know at what point she left WPBF 25 (West Palm Beach) to work for WSFL 39 (Fort Lauderdale). But channel 25 must have been saying WHEW! At least she wasn't working for us anymore when her DUI happened.