From that same FOREVER PEOPLE 3 lettercolumn:

Quote:
Dear Editor:

I'd like to make a few cracks -- I mean, remarks -- about FOREVER PEOPLE # 1, but I'm afraid this missive will get lost in the thousands that are shipped to Jack Kirby in California. Of course, the fact that that I have nothing complimentary to say doesn't exactly help, either.

Even though the concept of the strip is unorthodox, the design of nothing in it appears equally creative. It may be that when Mr. Kirby was working for that other company, he designed everything. So it is only natural that everything he does for DC looks like it was suggested by something from the other company. Then, of course, Kirby cannot write well.

It appears that transplanting the heart of Marvel to DC will suffer the same fate as most transplants: rejection.

-- Martin Pasko, Clifton, N.J.

Well hey, you can't please everyone.

Within 5 years, Pasko was scripting many of DC's titles himself, most notably SWAMP THING just prior to Alan Moore's run.
And in 1979 also writing TV episodes of Buck Rogers In the 25th Century !

There was also a letter on the same page from prolific future letterer Ken Bruzenak:
http://www.comics.org/credit/name/Ken%20Bruzenak/sort/alpha/

Quote:
Ken Bruzenak of Finleyville, PA dropped us what is probably the shortest letter of comment in history: "Dear Editor, Thank You!"
We are accordingly dispatching a letter to him saying "Dear Ken, You're Welcome!"