There was actually a really decent LotDK (It's either in the first or second volume) from about a year ago where Batman is stuck on the Watchtower with Amazo without backup and he has to use his wits and resourcefulness to get rid of him. The writer did a great job of making him seem both smart and intelligent.

The writer used a really good technique similar to "Magnifying the Moment" in which he essentially came up with every single problem that Batman would possibly have to deal with when it comes to super-powered idiots and actually show him running around and dealing with them as practically as he could in the heat of the moment. This is opposed to simply having Batman say, "I was prepared for this" and he presses and ejector button or some stupid shit that usually happens with him in JLA.

Unfortunately, the short story ended on a low note since he included this stupid "Maybe I just wanted to prove I could go it alone" line--as though Batman feels like he has something to prove to other vigilantes.