http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/04/14/new-batmans-identity-leaked

Quote:

The recent solicitation for June's Batman #41 teased an "all-new Batman" to debut in the aftermath of Endgame and Convergence. And with DC's upcoming Free Comic Book Day issue Divergence #1 having already leaked, now we know the identity of this mysterious, robotic figure.

It seems that none other than Commissioner Gordon will be taking up the mantle of Batman. One of the stories included in Divergence #1 showcases a smoking, clean-shaven Gordon reluctantly agreeing to take control of this GCPD-sponsored battlesuit. No wonder this Batman wields a gun.

If Gordon seems like a strange choice to become Batman, keep in mind that the character has a military background and plenty of experience dealing with Gotham's villains. Between that experience and the obviously upgraded abilities of this new suit, he may just have a fighting chance.

This isn't the only big change coming for DC's heroes this summer. Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern and Flash are all receiving new costumes and new status quo changes as well. It's all part of DC's big post-Convergence relaunch.

What this means for Bruce Wayne and the rest of the Bat family remains to be seen. All we know is that this new status quo builds from Batman's latest clash with the Joker in the current Endgame storyline. The final chapter of Endgame will hit stores on April 29, just days before Divergence #1 will be made available on May 2.

"My friends have always been the best of me." -Doctor Who

"Well,whenever I'm confused,I just check my underwear. It holds most answers to life's questions." Abe Simpson

I can tell by the position of the sun in the sky, that is time for us to go. Until next time, I am Lothar of the Hill People!