Originally Posted By: Stupid Doog
Ended up getting the Shadow. The bike is insanely freaking sweet but I'm afraid it's too much for a beginner. I was looking at way less powerful bikes but this one only cost $2,900 and I'm determined to learn.I'm not afraid of this thing but I'm not stupid either. I'm having my uncle pick it up for me on Monday and drop it off at my house. I live on a back road and close to a couple empty shopping centers so I'll be able to practice. I'm not going to do any real riding for a month or 2 anyway. I figure this year will be my training year and hopefully next I'll be comfortable enough to take it on longer trips. Plus I plan on taking the Basic Rider course next spring to get more experience and get my motorcycle endorsement.

Hope it's a worthwhile investment -- both time and money. It looks nice. Just be careful. And not in the "I'm being a dick and implying you're inept/reckless" kind of way.

"Ah good. Now I'm on the internet clearly saying I like tranny cleavage. This shouldn't get me harassed at all."
-- Lothar of the Hill People