Originally Posted By: First Amongst Daves
Yes, I personally detest people who are left-handed, too.

But I agree with your comments about theocracy. Marriage isn't exclusively a Christian institution. Nor is it exclusively a Muslim, Jewish, or Shinto institution. Its a legal institution.

I see Justice Scalia has been castigated by left-wing commentators for his dissent as being out-of-touch, and I think unfairly. I'm not naïve enough to think the judiciary doesn't have a political agenda on such issues, but reading Scalia's dissent, you get the impression that he thought he was doing the right thing in preserving a "government of laws and not a government of people".

But among all the religions you list, and even among agnostics and atheists who don't endorse gay marriage, there is a consensus that marriage is between a man and a woman.

More importantly, rather than letting both sides (gays and Christians/other religions) each practice what they believe, it forces Christians and those of other faiths to approve and participate in gay culture in diametric opposition to what they believe.

It's like forcing Jews and Muslims to eat pork.
It's like forcing Muslims to draw cartoons of Mohammad.
It uses public schools to indoctrinate all Christian children believe the opposite of what they are taught at home (i.e. Cultural Marxism)

It is tyranny of the American Left on everyone else. And gays will not stop there, the intrusions forced on conservatives will only increase.

• from Do Racists have lower IQ's...

Liberals who bemoan discrimination, intolerance, restraint of Constitutional freedoms, and promotion of hatred toward various abberant minorities, have absolutely no problem with discriminating against, being intolerant of, restricting Constitutional freedoms of, and directing hate-filled scapegoat rhetoric against conservatives.

EXACTLY what they accuse Republicans/conservatives of doing, is EXACTLY what liberals/Democrats do themselves, to those who oppose their beliefs.