Originally Posted By: Pariah
We're not talking about war, mind you. We're talking democratic votes. Opinions (votes) are more easily offered up and readily available than guns or bullets.

Who's talking about war? The history of secession that I described was done without war. War came later as a consequence. I still say that a lot of people talk a big game about secession. When they start to think about the actual repercussions of it, they won't go through with it. It's a lot like one of your friends (please imagine for just a moment that you have some) talking shit in a bar about how he'd totally fuck up that guy across the room who bumped into him earlier. When that other dude walks by again, it's all "Sorry. Didn't mean to get in your way."

Originally Posted By: Pariah
No one, not even most Brexiteers, thought that Brexit would win. But as it turns out, even the mere opportunity for the people to tell the EU (in the form of ballots) that it's a total cunt was enough to make it happen. Do you think the US Federal Government is somehow more beloved than the EU, by chance?

I do believe that there is a greater sense of national pride in America than Britain had of European pride. As much of a 'we hate Yankees' and 'the South shall rise again' attitude that you see here in the South, those same people consider themselves Americans first. There's a reason why most military recruits are from Southern states and rural areas.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."