Originally Posted By: Pariah

As time goes on, and Obama and friends use the government powers to force states to house aliens in the same way that the EU is forcing its prospective "United States" to accept a deluge of people from strange and hostile cultures, people are only going to get more pissed off and disillusioned with the current legal format that so happens to leave them so vulnerable. Idaho and Minnesota are already feeling the rapefugee blues just as Germany, Sweden, Britain, et al have felt for some time now. Expect attitudes to change even more as shit gets worse.

Originally Posted By: thedoctor

I think people are more likely to push for politicians and laws that curb immigration (aka The Donald) than they are to support a fracturing of the federal government to promote 50 independent territories.

The purpose of massive immigration, in nations throughout the Western world, is precisely to undermine nationalism and sovereignty, and make nations open to the globalism of elites who are orchestrating massive immigration.

Similar to Scotland, Quebec had a referendum to split with wider English-speaking Canada. Despite the strong nationalism and will for independence in Quebec, the referendum was defeated precisely because of massive immigration to Quebec.
The same will for independence exists in Scotland (largely because Scots feel their best interests are superseded by English dominance in the U.K., and a near-thousand years of historic opression of England over Scotland).

The 50 states in America have much more historic nationalism, and a shared English culture that the rest of the E.U. doesn't have with the U.K.

I agree that Obama and the Democrats are interested in crushing Republican stronghold states by smothering the will of the people in a sea of new immigrant voters who are natural-born Democrats, who are indifferent to U.S. nationalism or national interests. And basically vote for the party that offers them the most free stuff to buy their loyalty (i.e., the Democrats). Selling out the long-term security and nationalism of the United States, to achieve short-term support and Democrat victories in elections over the next 20 years or so. The same path as 4th-century Rome.