Originally Posted By: First Amongst Daves
 Originally Posted By: the G-man
 Originally Posted By: Captain Sammitch
IF you're one of the tinfoil hatters crazy enough to believe (we all know better, of course) that the promise of money and endless publicity might be enough to convince someone to throw an election, this would be a hell of a dive to take. A bit early in the process, though I'm sure one could dream up plenty more gems in the absence of a decent October Surprise.

Just a thought: It's not so much he's "throwing" the election as he never believed he'd get this far, doesn't really want the job and so he's adopted a "fuck it" attitude of just saying whatever pops in his head and enjoying the trolling.

Yeah, its been said elsewhere that it might have started as a stunt to boost ratings on The Celebrity Apprentice.

Regardless, he certainly - intentionally or otherwise - tapped into a groundswell of anger, so potent that it actually became focussed through the one outsider in the pack, a dodgy real estate guy who likes trophy wives and is on record as thinking Republican voters are stupid.

I had seen a story from somebody that had quit the Trump campaign earlier on that said Trump never planned on winning the primary. Given his personality that's hard to believe though. To me he's a guy that was born into wealth and used it to further enrich his vain self. It's always been about his ego. The big golden tower with his name on it is sort of a clue.

Fair play!