I don't even know that Trump's past actions make a "lie" of his present immigration policy. When Trump was manufacturing products overseas, he was a businessman following the market conditions, that in many industries means all your competitors are manufacturing overseas, and it becomes almost impossible to keep jobs in the U.S. when all your competition is using cheaper labor overseas.

I think at some point Trump realized this was hurting the U.S., and as he's said for 30-plus years (on video, repeatedly) he preferred not to run for office, and preferred to let other political leaders do what needed to be done. But when no one stepped up, he finally is running, to do what no one else will.

Trump's opinions have evolved over time.
Like, say, George H.W. Bush was first for abortion, and then as a presidential candidate, more informed, later opposed it (my views on the issue similarly evolved).
Or, say, Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton, who opposed gay marriage, and then expediently/opportunistically "evolved" their views, right before the 2012 election.
Or how Hillary Clinton, while the First Lady, defended the Confederate flag and preserving Confederate heritage, and now opposes it.

Amazing how none of that hypocrisy bothers you, M E M.

• from Do Racists have lower IQ's...

Liberals who bemoan discrimination, intolerance, restraint of Constitutional freedoms, and promotion of hatred toward various abberant minorities, have absolutely no problem with discriminating against, being intolerant of, restricting Constitutional freedoms of, and directing hate-filled scapegoat rhetoric against conservatives.

EXACTLY what they accuse Republicans/conservatives of doing, is EXACTLY what liberals/Democrats do themselves, to those who oppose their beliefs.