Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
Nixon may have behaved himself for that election but the republican party very much bitterly contested it with recounts. Nixon could afford to be above it all.

I don't see anything to back that up. The fact is, Nixon didn't challenge the result, and history (even as written overwhelmingly by liberals) doesn't back up what you say.

Originally Posted By: M E M
] Gore on the other hand won the popular vote and didn't go as far as the republican party did with Nixon. Gore also gave a very nice concession speech when it was time.

Was that before or after Gore (in black dialect pantomime) stoked black fears and anger saying "don't tell me we leve in a colorless society"? Among many other divisions Gore provoked.

Anybody see Trump even coming close to having that type of character?

I'll let Newt Gingrich answer that one, in the below Sept 6th interview with Hannity.
Trump has spent a lifetime overcoming huge obstacles to get things done, and expressing his interest in improving the country, and in the absence of anyone else stepping up, he is running for president.
He has been called racist and bigoted for using the exact same campaign slogans ("Make America great again") as both Ronald Reagan and Bill Clinton, was among the first to hire women and minorities to high-level executive positions in the real estate and construction industry, and (as quoted below) has received praise from even the likes of Jesse Jackson for his efforts to improve the lives of blacks and other minorities. Yeah... what a lack of character.

I would also point out that many of your posts consists of you "relentlessly attacking" democrats.

If simply countering lies with the sourced facts could be mischaracterized as "relentlessly attacking".

I know you have strong feelings but that doesn't make Trump a good person. No, he's somebody that has so little character that he's already saying if he doesn't win he'll go down crying it was rigged.

I think Trump's addressing of the real issues that both the Democrats and Republicans have ignored for at least 2 decades makes Trump a net gain for the country. He vows, beyond partisanship, to clean up the mess both parties have made.

And given that you and other Democrat partisans are sliming Trump with the same words you've used to describe Gerald Ford, Ronald Reagan, G.H.W. Bush, George W. Bush, John McCain and Mitt Romney, your attacks on Trump as out of touch, a warmonger, unworthy of the presidency, etc., etc., ring rather hollow. ESPECIALLY when the alternative you advocate is Bill and Hillary Clinton, the most scandal and corruption-laden candidates of my lifetime.