Originally Posted By: First Amongst Daves
Incidentally, as I might have explained, you three are the only direct access I have to Trump supporters, and I see no harm in learning your views. I might not agree but it does help me to understand (I confess have become even a little more sympathetic to American conservative feelings of betrayal by the GOP establishment).

I'm assuming I'm one of the three--unless you're talking about G'nort or LOCH HEXEN. Hope I'm right.

With all due reverence Dave, I don't think your problem is a dearth of samplings from Trump supporters. From my perspective, you're still trapped behind the filter of mainstream media outlets both in and outside of the US. CNN, MSNBC, FOX, et al are bad enough without a majority of far left media outlets in pozzed Australia and Europe telling you what's going on under the presupposition that Trump is radically extreme, and thus not electable. You are extraordinarily handicapped, tbqh.

What most people outside the US are, surprisingly, unaware of is that Trump's rise has been motivated by representative betrayals on both sides of the isle. Trump's increased popularity has never been dependent upon the endorsement of career politicians in the first place. As such, it's a little vexing to claim that the republican party's lack of unity signals a death knell for Trump's campaign. I can't speak for Florida-Dave or G-Man, but I and a bunch of other republican voters I know personally lament the fact that Trump didn't try and challenge those cunts McCain and Ryan by endorsing their opponents Kelli Ward and Paul Nehlen--not to mention the fact that we're stuck with Rubio again. Taking these feelings toward republicans into consideration, it's rather difficult to argue that Trump challenging Ryan for his backstab is anything other than a plus for his anti-establishment pitch. Observing these circumstances, we can reason that it's more appropriate to distinguish "GOP momentum" from Trump's "momentum".

It's not an ideal situation mind you, but the voters themselves voiced their discontent for Ryan before Trump took to Twitter to make fun of his cuckoldry. So, while I'd say there is an increase in risk, it has more to do with Ryan and McCain's elections, and not Trump's.