Another, from JIMMY OLSEN 146, February 1972.

Quote:

Dear Editor:

I know that this letter is late, but I have only just received JIMMY OLSEN 136. I couldn't help but notice the remark of Gregory Kent in the letter column. If you don't like the new JIMMY OLSEN, Greg, perhaps you will like this:

Issue one hundred and blech of JIMMY OLSEN:

Our hero is strolling down the lane with Lucy Lane when a flying saucer casually flies over them. Jimmy says "Holy cow, Lucy, a flying saucer! What a scoop! See you later."
"No you won't," says Lucy, quite understandably. "You're always standing me up for a scoop, I've had it with you."

Jimmy runs after the saucer and sees it landing. An alien says "I must destroy the handsome earthling." A ray is fired at Olsen.... the saucer takes off... Olsen is still standing. (Footnote: ) Yes, the the killer ray was rendered harmless by a small cloud of dust in a thousand billion trillion to one freak accident.
Jimmy signals Superman with his watch so he can beat up the dirty aliens. But Superman is away on an outer space mission.

Later, another saucer lands. It's the Intergalactic Olsen Fan Club. "Do not be startled, handsome Jimmy. We've arrested those dirty aliens, says the leader.
"Holy cow," says Jimmy.
"My hero," says Lucy, returning.
"Hello," says Superman.
"Oh my God,' says the reader.

If you like that story, there are over a hundred of them to read.
But for those who like deep science-fantasy and brilliant art... Kirby's here!
--Philip Warren,
Bexley, Kent, England.

( And in case you haven't noticed, Royer is also here this issue. --E. Nelson Bridwell)

This was the first issue of JIMMY OLSEN inked by Mike Royer, although he only inked 146 and 147.
148 was again inked by Vince Colletta, as was the rest of the run.