Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
The CBO gets criticized by some republicans if they don't like the results other times if they do like them they cite them. Same thing with the news/media or fact checks.

In other words, in many ways they treat news and polls just like the Democrats, citing the sources that support their position, or citing the factual errors or biases of the sources that attack them. I see the Republicans more often citing the facts.

Originally Posted By: M E M
Other than attacking the sources what do you have that shows the GOP being more transparent in passing healthcare now?

I think I've been vocal about my dissatisfaction with the Republican healthcare efforts. I'd like to see them vote on what they passed when Obama was president (and Obama predictably vetoed it). I've made it clear I want them to demonstrate a level of openness, posting the bill online and publicly for review well before the vote, when a bill is eventually put up for a vote, that the Democrats never did in 2010.

But that said, the party that said it depends on the "stupidity of the American voter" (Gruber), "if you like your plan you can keep your plan" (Obama, voted by a factcheck site as the lie of the year!), and "You have to pass it to see what's in it" (Pelosi) has absolutely no claim on truth, or on moral superiority, when its legislation of Obamacare was so blatantly deceitful.

• from Do Racists have lower IQ's...

Liberals who bemoan discrimination, intolerance, restraint of Constitutional freedoms, and promotion of hatred toward various abberant minorities, have absolutely no problem with discriminating against, being intolerant of, restricting Constitutional freedoms of, and directing hate-filled scapegoat rhetoric against conservatives.

EXACTLY what they accuse Republicans/conservatives of doing, is EXACTLY what liberals/Democrats do themselves, to those who oppose their beliefs.