NEW TWISTS IN ROY MOORE SCANDAL, MOORE'S LAWYER HITS BACK, MORE ACCUSERS EMERGE

Quote:
Late Wednesday, the Washington Post published accounts by two more women who claimed Moore accosted them in the late-1970s, when Moore was an assistant district attorney in his early 30s.

One of the women, Gena Richardson, told the Post that when she refused to give Moore her phone number, he called her high school to ask her out on a date. She eventually agreed to go out with Moore and said he ended the date by giving her a "forceful" kiss.

The other woman, then-22-year-old Becky Gray, said that Moore repeatedly asked her out and lingered near her in a way that made her uncomfortable. When she complained to her manager, she was told it was "not the first time he had a complaint about [Moore] hanging out at the mall."

Once again, even if the allegations are entirely true, I don't see that anything alleged was particularly bad and disqualifying. In 1983, my brother and I were friends with a girl named Sheri, and there was a guy named Tom who was interested in her. He was interested, she wasn't, and this guy would show up at her house and wait for hours in her driveway for Sheri to come home, in his attempt to express a passionate interest in her. He was non-threatening, an intense and sincere guy, he was a bit weird in this, but I wouldn't quite call it creepy. After a while of her not being responsive, he eventually went on his way.

Guys do weird stuff in their attempt to date women they're interested in. I think we've all had a girl we were interested in where we went by their work in a mall-type environment as a way to have a conversation and get something going. Or arranged a "coincidence" where we would cross paths with them to have a conversation and ask them out on a date. I recall a Seinfeld episode or two where Seinfeld or George did this.
I think most of us have at one time or another in our teens or 20's have, short of stalking, expressed a similar strong interest in a girl, where our advances were not well received. If a girl's into you, it's admirable. If she doesn't have mutual interest, it's uncomfortable and arguably creepy.

The "creepy" that is trying to be projected in this media attack was initially because he was allegedly pursuing under-age women. But most of these girls were around 18, one of Moore's latest accusers was 22 at the time. And it's certainly not unheard of for guys to date younger women, or at least express some excitement at the prospect. On one occasion in 2006 when I was 43, a Brazilian receptionist in my office said "I think my best friend would be perfect for you". It turned out she was 23, and we went out for about 3 weeks.

While I haven't, I've known many guys over the years who were in their mid-20's or older and dated 17 or 18 year olds. A girl I used to live next door to at 25 married a financial investment guy who was 52. I've seen her several times in the last year, she's now 54 and they're still married, with a son. She was 21 when they started dating and worked in a tennis shop at the Boca Resort and Club, and he was a club member.

Again the examples of Elvis Presley and Jerry Lee Lewis. These are guys who had sexual relationships with and married under age women. VERY under age. And yet they were not vilified the way Roy Moore is.

ALL these examples with Moore are from about 38 years ago, and I'd think if they were true, if this was consistent predatory behavior of Roy Moore's, there'd be a lot more women coming forward to say the same happened to them in the last 38 years. But oddly, ALL these allegations are from decades ago.

I don't see that any of these, even if true, rise to the level of rape, assault, or statutory rape. Not even close.

But has anyone else noted the similarity of this to the allegations launched systematically against Trump in the concluding weeks of the 2016 election? Similarly, there were decades-old allegations of Trump groping women that just came out of nowhere, Trump enemies, both Democrat and Republican, who said it was disqualifying and he should resign as a candidate.

I think the Democrats/liberal media have discovered a vile new formula, to attack Republicans with the most humiliating of allegations, and either force them to drop out, or damage them badly in the last weeks of a campaign to enhance their chances of winning. And I fully expect to see this continue to be a Democrat/liberal media tactic in elections going forward, regardless of the outcome.

• from Do Racists have lower IQ's...

Liberals who bemoan discrimination, intolerance, restraint of Constitutional freedoms, and promotion of hatred toward various abberant minorities, have absolutely no problem with discriminating against, being intolerant of, restricting Constitutional freedoms of, and directing hate-filled scapegoat rhetoric against conservatives.

EXACTLY what they accuse Republicans/conservatives of doing, is EXACTLY what liberals/Democrats do themselves, to those who oppose their beliefs.