Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
Yeah, the guy is a pedo and has a good chance of winning in Alabama. That's your party these days. If you don't like the news you call it fake. Victims are liars. And it's always somebody else's fault. I don't think those are very good values or principles to be honest. This does remind me a bit of 2006 but instead of W you have the big fat orange turd just rutting in all the awfulness. Hope we can fix things after it all crashes

Originally Posted By: WB

If it's TRUE I'll condemn it. But what I see is last minute allegations conveniently unleashed right before an election, where Republicans don't even have the option to launch a replacement candidate.

I'm open to the possibility that the allegations could be true, and that Moore's answers on the subject have at times been a bit awkward. But assuming he is innocent, could anyone have perfect recollection and can speak with absolute precision and confidence and not hum and haw a bit as to what happened about events from 38 years ago?

I still don't see the reason of prematurely calling for Roy Moore to drop out from Republicans, before any investigation has been done. In the cases of Ted Kennedy, Gerry Studds, Bill Clinton and many other Democrats, even when the facts were clearly known that far exceeded the allegations against Roy Moore, there were no calls from Democrats for these men to resign.
Double standard.

And the people of Alabama are NOT making the decision to stand by Roy Moore "because they support a pedophile just so Republicans can have another seat." They stand by Moore because they see the allegations as false, as a last-minute DNC/liberal trick to leverage Moore out of the election.
AGAIN: Roy Moore has been in public life for 38 years, and been through multiple elections and appointments. It is highly suspect that all of a sudden 5 women who don't even know each other suddenly ALL came forward with allegations, at the point most advantageous to Democrats in the election, when no Republican could even be selected to replace Moore even if he dropped out. I see (as do Alabama voters) the puppet strings of the DNC, and the DNC-auxiliary PR-wing liberal media, orchestrating all these women to come forward, at this precise time.