Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
You may have noticed there's a huge movement of those sexually harassed coming forward against powerful people. When it's a republican politician apparently it's all lies and orchestrated. Get the pedo elected. It's fitting with Trump in office.

It would have been even more fitting when Bill Clinton was in office. Who has legitimately been accused of rape, sexual harassment as governor, and more recently sex with under-age girls on "pedophile island" alongside his pedophile billionaire buddy, where Bill Clinton temporarily abandoned his Secret Service agents to hide his activities.
Bill Clinton, who was disbarred for perjury and fined almost $100,000.
And Hillary Clinton, who knew the accusations were true, but led the charge to destroy Bill Clinton's accusers, despite that Hillary knew the truth.
Or perhaps we could discuss the huge donations from muslim nations to the Clinton Foundation, that bought the Clintons' silence on the misogyny and suppression of women in muslim nations.

As I said previously, the Democrats such as Franken, Conyers, Charlie Rose and Matt Lauer folded quickly under pressure of the accusations because they're clearly true. Including photographic/video evidence in Franken's case and some others.

I'm persuaded in the Trump and Moore cases of their innocence because:
1) Both firmly protest their innocence across the board. There is no half-hearted ambiguous apology from either.
2) The accusations in Trump's and Moore's cases are both from roughly 40 years ago, with no recurring victims in the intervening 38 years or so. If they were predators, there would be an ongoing pattern of bad behavior, and would be more victims coming forward, from more recently.
3) Both the Trump and Roy Moore cases follow an identical pattern of DNC dirty tricks, of an orchestrated salvo of accusations coming out all at once, from 38-plus years ago, just weeks before the election. These would be difficult to prove in court from so long ago, and their only real purpose is to slime the candidates right before the election. But in both cases, the constituents aren't buying the accusations, or at least not nearly enough of them.

There are other Republicans who have committed bad acts that I don't defend. In these two cases, the circumstances make me question the accusers, not the candidates.