(2) CHARLOTTE vs. ASUKA – WWE Smackdown Women’s Title match

Back and forth healthy methodical pace early, with Asuka on offense at first and then Charlotte taking over. Charlotte went for a top rope moonsault, but Asuka spread her legs and caught her in a leg triangle. Graves called it a Venus Flytrap. Charlotte shifted into a Boston Crab. They leveraged each other in near falls. The crowd applauded as the match was about to shift into second gear. Asuka suplexed Charlotte off the ring apron onto the floor. Both were down and slow to get up. (I bet Phillips almost reflexively threw to a commercial break.)

Charlotte gave Asuka a Spanish Fly off the top rope. Both were slow to recover. Asuka caught Charlotte in a twisting torquing submission. Charlotte escaped and set up a figure-four, but Asuka kicked out and the match hit third gear. Asuka kicked. Charlotte chopped. Asuka went for an Asuka lock. Charlotte resisted. Charlotte speared Asuka for a two count at 12:00. Charlotte then put Asuka into the Figure-Eight. She couldn’t put weight on her right arm and bridged on two legs and one arm. Asuka rather quickly tapped out.

WINNER: Charlotte in 13:00. (***)

Wow. Surprising finish in that it wasn’t much of an end to the streak in terms of Asuka having a chance to really showcase her signature spots before losing. It almost felt like a downgrade in Vince McMahon’s faith in her not that she lost, but how she lost.

-After the match Asuka asked for a mic. She said, “Charlotte! Was! Ready! For Asuka!” She congratulated her and hugged her.

"Everything will surely be all right." 「絶対大丈夫だよ。」, "Zettai daijōbu da yo."
"Force without Master, heed the call of my Staff of Dreams, and become my power! SECURE!!!"
Neo-Geo Forum- Come for the games...stay for TEH DRAMA!!!