(3) RANDY ORTON vs. BOBBY ROODE vs. JINDER MAHAL (w/Samil Singh) vs. RUSEV (w/Aiden English)

They went to a parade of announce teams from around the world. Big pop for Rusev and a “Rusev Day” chant as he came out. English introduced him. Jinder blocked a Rusev dive through the ropes early. Everybody got spots in early. At 6:00 Orton gave an RKO to English as he interfered. Then he gave Rusev an RKO. The crowd booed. He then gave an RKO to Jinder. Roode broke up the in attempt (well, not really, since Roode piled on top of Orton who was still covering Jinder whose shoulders were still down).R Roode tossed Rusev out of the ring, then blocked an RKO attempt by Orton and hit a sudden Glorious DDT. Jinder broke up the pin (and Orton actually lifted his shoulder). Rusev entered with a Machka Kick on Roode and then Jinder. He looked around as the crowd loudly chanted “Rusev Day!” He stomped on Jinder and then went for the Accolade. Samil distracted Rusev. Jinder then gave him his Khalas Kick for the win.

WINNER: Jinder Mahal in 9:00 to capture the U.S. Title. (**1/2)

This wasn’t designed to be a show-stealer. Some matches have to be kept short to keep the show from running way too long, and this was a good choice. I suppose in a way this title change frees up everyone else to be part of a Superstar Shake-up and switch brands without affecting the title. It also puts a belt on Smackdown on a heel to even things out with the other two major titles on babyfaces, no matter which way A.J. Styles vs. Shinsuke Nakamura goes later – barring a turn.

"Everything will surely be all right." 「絶対大丈夫だよ。」, "Zettai daijōbu da yo."
"Force without Master, heed the call of my Staff of Dreams, and become my power! SECURE!!!"
Neo-Geo Forum- Come for the games...stay for TEH DRAMA!!!