\:lol\:

In the cases of both Steve Ditko and Jack Kirby, Stan Lee took credit for writing, ideas, characters and storytelling that was actually done by the artists. Reading ORIGINS OF MARVEL COMICS or SON OF ORIGINS or BRING ON THE BAD GUYS, Lee was the brilliant fountain of ideas who conceptualized everything, and handed down like manna from Heaven stories fully formed for Kirby and Ditko to draw.

I don't think it's so much hatred, as that Stan Lee didn't want Ditko vocally exposing the truth. And I think Lee was pretty safe on that ground, as Ditko was uniquely reclusive and unlikely to do interviews. I think it was only through friends in the comics field that Ditko talked to about it that we, the fans and the fan press, even know what happened that Ditko left Marvel in 1966. I get the impression it was much easier for Lee to make peace with Ditko, and that he never was able to make peace with Jack Kirby.

And I wonder how many other artists Lee stole the credit from.
Don Heck on Iron Man?
Gene Colan on DAREDEVIL?
Bill Everett?
John Buscema on SILVER SURFER or THOR?

Lee pretty much stopped writing in 1972, and became more of a figurehead at Marvel, before finally becoming Marvel's Hollywood/licensing guy. But I've only ever heard of him screwing over Kirby and Ditko.