Originally Posted By: the G-man
I still remember that time DC actually [had] the audacity to let Colletta ink Marshall Rogers of all people

A few issues of Englehart/Rogers MISTER MIRACLE 20-21, and at least one issue of WORLD'S FINEST (a 10-page "bottled city of Kandor" story) issue 259, as I recall. By Colletta standards, those were actually some decent inking jobs.
And at that time, Colletta was art director at DC and actually got Rogers his first DC assignments. So on the plus side, having Colletta ink his work got Rogers in the door and working professionally, at which point he rose rapidly.
Looking back at a list of Rogers' work, the overwhelming majority of it was inked by Terry Austin, the very best inker you could ask for.

The article I linked made me realize that the occasional "good" Colletta ink job (such as inking over Grell on WARLORD 26 and 27, or on Kirby's JIMMY OLSEN run over Kirby) could be because it was not actually Colletta, but one of his many assistants.

I always thought that if you were an entering 1970's / 1980's artist at Marvel or DC, it would be fun to have one issue inked by Colletta.
ONE !
Because that would be enjoying having your work inked by a well-known Silver Age quintessential inker (like Frank Springer, Frank Giacoia, Joe Geilla, Joe Sinnott, or Murphy Anderson). It would be a way of imagining yourself in the shoes of someone like Jack Kirby, Gil Kane or Gene Colan, sharing one of their inkers from their most famous period. Frankly most of these guys would not be my first choice, but it would be fun for one issue to see your work through the prism of a Silver Age inker.

I know John Byrne was furious that Colletta inked his story for SPECTACULAR SPIDERMAN 58 in 1981, and demanded that Colletta never be assigned to ink his work again. That was to be the first of a series collaborating with Roger Stern, and ended up being just the one issue, perhaps quitting precisely because Colletta was the inker on that series. But again, for one issue, I wouldn't mind it.