Secret Service intercepts suspicious packages sent to Obama, Hillary Clinton

Quote:
The Secret Service said Wednesday that officers "intercepted" two suspicious packages identified as "potential explosive devices" sent to former President Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton, as reports of other potential threats against political and media targets led to evacuations in a rapidly evolving security scare.

Local reports said the Florida building housing the office of Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, former Democratic Party chairwoman, was evacuated amid reports of a possible suspicious package. Police in the area seemed to confirm the incident in a Twitter alert:

CNN employees said Wednesday that they were evacuated as well from their New York office, after reports of a suspicious package at the Time Warner Center. CNN said the package with a suspicious device was addressed to ex-CIA director John Brennan (who is an analyst for NBC).

This comes after an explosive device was found days earlier in the mailbox of liberal billionaire George Soros, though it's unclear if the incidents are related.
As teams across the country investigate, White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders, in a written statement, condemned what she described as the "attempted violent attacks" against the Clintons and Obama.

“We condemn the attempted violent attacks recently made against President Obama, President Clinton, Secretary Clinton, and other public figures. These terrorizing acts are despicable, and anyone responsible will be held accountable to the fullest extent of the law. The United States Secret Service and other law enforcement agencies are investigating and will take all appropriate actions to protect anyone threatened by these cowards,” she said, joined by President Trump and Vice President Pence, who at a separate event said those responsible will be "brought to justice."

The news of the packages to Clinton and Obama unfolded quickly Wednesday morning. It first emerged that the FBI was investigating one suspicious package found by the home of Bill and Hillary Clinton in Chappaqua, New York. But in a statement, the Secret Service said after that package addressed to Hillary Clinton was caught late Tuesday, a second package addressed to Obama "was intercepted by Secret Service personnel in Washington, DC" on Wednesday morning.

"The packages were immediately identified during routine mail screening procedures as potential explosive devices and were appropriately handled as such. The protectees did not receive the packages nor were they at risk of receiving them," the Secret Service said in its statement.

The Secret Service said it has launched a "full scope criminal investigation that will leverage all available federal, state, and local resources to determine the source of the packages and identify those responsible.”

Sources told Fox News that former President Clinton was at home in Chappaqua when the suspicious package was found, but that it was screened in Westchester County--not at the Clinton residence. A spokesperson for Hillary Clinton told Fox News that the former secretary of state has been in Florida for the last several days.

Top congressional leaders and White House officials joined Sanders in condemning the attacks.

“I stand with all Americans in condemning today’s attempted acts of domestic terrorism. As we continue to learn more, Americans are united in gratitude for the first responders — the Secret Service, the Postal Service, and other law enforcement — who protect our leaders and public figures from such unconscionable acts,” Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., said.

In New York, the New Castle Police Department and the Westchester County Police are assisting in their investigation into the first suspicious package.
“The matter is currently under federal investigation,” a spokesman for the New Castle Police Department said in a statement to Fox News.

The FBI's New York Field Office tweeted Wednesday morning that they are "aware" of a "suspicious package found in the vicinity of the Clinton residence," stating the investigation is ongoing.

According to The New York Times, an explosive device was found by a technician who screens mail for the Clintons.
On Monday, an explosive device also was found in the mailbox at the Bedford, New York, home of George Soros.
The Times reported that the device found by the Clintons' home was similar to the one found at Soros’ home.

Chappaqua is approximately 20 minutes from Bedford. Both towns are about one hour outside of New York City.

The Wasserman-Schultz one was within the last hour.

Occurring just 13 days before the election, and a day after a package-bomb was delivered to George Soros' residence, I see this as politically calculated.

Virtually no facts are known at this point, but I offer a speculation: None of these bombs went off or actually injured anyone. I find it suspect that not one of these many bombs was successful. They seem more targeted as a threat or to draw media attention than to actually do any damage.

Consider: With 1) the Kavanaugh smear that backfired on the Democrats 2) the Project Veritas exposures of 4 Democrats (so far) that are consistently exposing the entire Democrat party as liars deceiving their voters, and 3) the "caravan" horde of 7,000 or so Soros-funded refuges coming up through Mexico to crash the U.S. border.
Combined effect of these scandals, the Democrats are dropping like a stone in the polls. Even the likes of Michael Moore and Bernie Sanders are saying the "blue wave" so long touted for the mid-term election, is gone, and at best reduced to a trickle.

I could also add:
4) the extreme uncivility and violence of the Democrat/Left, including in the last week the destruction of two Republican campaign offices and (as Breitbart tabulated) 613 acts of violence against Republicans in recent months. Very one-sided political violence.

And now, all of a sudden, a flurry of pipe-bombs mailed to Soros, the Clintons, the Obamas, CNN, and now Wasserman-Schultz. The first orchestrated POTENTIAL (not actual) violence against Democrats. 13 days before the election.
Maybe it's right-wingers mailing the bombs.
Or maybe the same party that is attcking or silently endorsing Democrat violence and intimidation, is mailing bombs as a false-flag operation, to confuse voters and make it look like the violence is now coming from both sides, or even draw sympathy for Democrats as victims of bombs mailed (none of which actually went off), in the final days before the election.

I'd also point out that the Weather Underground (the leftist terror group of William Ayers, Obama's mentor) blew up half its leadership while they were making bombs in their apartment. Bombs are volatile things, and I find it suspect that not only was no Democrat targeted by these bombs actually killed, but none of the bombs, not one, even went off.

Maybe the culpits will be quickly found, and maybe my speculation is completely off-base.
Or maybe, like the Anthrax mailed after 9-11-2001, the senders will never be found. I don't see what right-wingers have to gain from this, I find both the timing and the complete lack of success of the bombers highly suspect.