And Republicans kept and widened their majority in the Senate.

I would have preferred if the Republicans kept control of both, and a number of races are still undecided, but as I believe Vice President Pence phrased it yesterday, "The blue wave hit a red wall."

The Democrats gained a slight majority in the House. Even so, Democrats did not get the 30-plus seats the opposing party normally gets in a mid-term election. As much as pollsters were willing to commit (one liberal pollster on MSNBC noncommitally estimated "a Democrat gain somewhere beteen 15 and 50 seats") the actually victory for Dems was closer to the low end of projected possible wins. Relatively minimal due to the relentless efforts of Donald Trump.

Likewise with the Brett Kavanaugh confirmation. If not for the president's vigorous support of Kavanaugh in his campaign stump speeches, the infuriatingly vile slander-fest of the Democrats against Kavanaugh would have succeeded. (Credit as well to a remarkably passionate expression of outrage in the Senate confirmation hearings by Sen. Lindsey Graham, and the heartfelt confirmation hearing words of Brett Kavanaugh himself.) But Trump over and over has proven himself the indispensable man who makes things happen.

The fanaticism of your Dem party warrants that it be destroyed, and from the ashes replaced by saner less incendiary and marxist-radical heads. I'm disappointed they were not completely destroyed in this election. But at least they were contained. The "blue wave" slowed to a trickle.