Has anyone not read Starlin's WARLOCK run? That's Basic Comics Collecting 1101. I always prefered WARLOCK to his CAPTAIN MARVEL run. Although they are intertwined. While I saw these on the stands when they came out, I was a little too young to appreciate them. I didn't buy and read them until I was in high school 3 or 4 years after the fact.

And then a few years later they were released again with far better printing in the WARLOCK: SPECIAL EDITION 6-issue reprint series in 1982-1983, when I bought them again and appreciated them even more.
And reprinted again in another 6 issue series in 1990.

Likewise the CAPTAIN MARVEL series was reprinted as a SPECIAL EDITION series. But didn't include the DEATH OF CAPTAIN MARVEL graphic novel in that printing, that originally came out a few years earlier in late 1981. I think the CAPAIN MARVEL collected trade now does reprint Starlin's complete run, including the graphic novel.

After WARLOCK concluded in 1977, Starlin did a story here and there, but no major runs for awhile.

Then Starlin became very visible again doing "Metamorphosis Odyssey" in 1980-1981 in EPIC ILLUSTRATED 1-9, that I thought was a fantastic story, with very sophisticated painted art.
Starlin continued the series with THE PRICE graphic novel in Oct 1981.
And then the DREADSTAR graphic novel in Oct 1982. All with painted art, and equally good.

Then the DREASTAR comics series in Nov 1982, the first series in the Epic comics line. And while it reverted to pen-and-ink art the first 5 issues were equally fantastic.
Afterward, the art remained consistently good for 32 issues, but the story was slightly diminished after those first few issues. I spoke to Starlin at a convention in 1992, and he let on that the lack of energy at that stage was due to Marvel being slow with paying him, which is why he eventually moved with the series to First Comics. But I still enjoyed the series, it was still consistently good until Starlin left as writer/artist, and farmed it out to others.

So those are Starlin's major works. There's a lot of great series work and single issues Starlin did on other characters, but for me those are the ones that are definitively Starlin. And I think for most readers.

I never got into the INFINITY GAUNTLET and other sequels. Others rave about those, but I just considered them weak retreads of what Starlin did perfectly the first time. Kind of like doing sequels to WATCHMEN, or to Englehart/Rogers' DETECTIVE run. That to me was just diminishing a classic. Why mess with perfection?

Although there are a lot of other great shorter works by Starlin.