I'm not sure what you mean by "W's giveaway with the drug benefit." Do you mean the prescription drug plan?

While I think Bush was too much of a globalist and moved us toward melting into a North American Union, and raised the debt by 5 trillion, instead of pay-as-you-go (this last one the the same complaint I have about Trump), I also think he is unfairly scorned as divisive. Despite the Democrat leadership and liberal media's unprecedented uncivility every single day since Nov 2000, Bush (unlike Trump) rarely fired back.
Particularly looking at his time as a Texas governor, W. Bush was very bipartisan in legislation he got passed in Texas. In that I think he is unfairly maaligned as "divisive".
Likewise, when Bush was president, W. Bush was demonized as "right wing" and "divisive" despite that in an effort to form a unified government he gave Democrats an enormous amount of what they wanted, stuff like the prescription drug plan, S-CHIP, and No Child Left Behind (which as John Stossel pointed out for years, costs tens of billions annually but doesn't work).

And I'm not "spinning", M E M, I've clearly been critical of deficits under presidents of both parties!
Unlike yourself.
On the deficit spending issue, I'm so far disappointed with Trump. I'd like to see him be as tough with the Democrats and his fellow Republicans on this issue, as he has been with foreign governments.