Multiple photos of Steranko from a reproduced 1967 fanzine interview.

Steranko had been working in the "Nick Fury, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D." in STRANGE TALES 151-168 from Dec 1966 to May 1968, at a time where Steranko was still developing, and probably no one knew who he was yet, during the early half of his tenure on STRANGE TALES, where Steranko was possibly still doing finishes over Kirby layouts, or just beginning to do pencils and inks himself.

Here's a photo of Steranko from 1970, age 31, with the wraparound cover of STERANKO HISTORY OF COMICS Vol I:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/deconstructing-roy-lichtenstein/32851766994/in/photostream/

And a more recent photo of Steranko, who is now 79 (born in 1939).

Steranko in some of the photos is working as an escape artist, which he did starting in the 1950's. He was Jack Kirby's inspiration for the character MISTER MIRACLE.

I haven't met Steranko (but would love to), but others have described him to me as a tremendously energetic guy. He began working as an escape artist as a teenager, and ran away and worked for a circus for awhile. During the early 1960's he worked in the day at an ad agency, and then played in a nightclub band at night, before he did a few comics for smaller publishers and finally made his way to Marvel Comics in 1966. Several I know compared him to Harlan Ellison. Both Steranko and Ellison are short guys. Though Ellison was a lot more contentious.