During the years of 1989-1993, I thought Bush Sr was a very good president. He kept smaller regional fires from blazing out of control into world wars. The 1991 recession was caused largely by a restructuring of our economy, causing millions employed in the military/defense sector to be uprooted from that shrinking field, causing a surplus of workers in the private sector tech industry.

It was only in retrospective that I saw any negatives to Bush's presidency, such as the rise of Al Qaida (the CIA didn't follow through in Afghanistan, since they were suddenly rather preoccupied with the collapse of the Iron Curtain and of the Soviet Union in Eastern Europe). And with the collapse of the Soviet Union, the downsizing of our military.
The effect of globalism, particularly NAFTA and GATT negotiated under Bush, resulted in a torrent of factories and jobs leaving the country, first to Mexico, and then to Southeast Asia, that is only now being reversed under Trump, renegotiating those contracts to the benefit of American workers. As NAFTA and GATT were passed by a bipartisan majority under both Bush Sr and Clinton, that was my first glimpse of the two-party system actually being one party, controlled by campaign finance and globalist corporations. Over time I gradually saw the influence of groups like the Trilateral Commission, the Council on Foreign Relations, the Bilderberg Group, the Illuminatti, the Rothschild bank, and the U.N., all having goals of undermining U.S. sovereignty in pursuit of a globalist world system. With the collapse of the Soviet bloc, industry moving to China, and the coalition of nations in the Persian Gulf War, we saw the first move toward a truly global system while G.H.W. Bush was president.