Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
I would like to see the Legion continue to be collected. Really like seeing the Earthwar story collected.

It always seemed odd to me that Legion, being by all appearances among DC's best-selling archive series, with an extremely loyal fanbase, why they discontinued it without reprinting the entire 1970's/1980's run up till CRISIS. Or at least up till issue 313 of the Levitz/Giffen run (1980, 2nd series) reprinting all the newsprinted comics, before the series went to a high quality offset-printed format with a new #1 by Giffen in early 1984.

That way the Archives would allow you to see all the newsprinted stories in an enhanced quality they never had before. The later issues might also be nice to have in a collected edition, but in their original comics were already printed in a high-quality format.
In particular the late-1970's stories, from a time DC was using lower-quality engraving plates, Archive reprinting would allow LEGION's very loyal fanbase to fully appreciate these stories for the very first time.

That's certainly the case with my KILLRAVEN Masterworks hardcover. While they were as true to the original as possible, the offset printing is much crisper, and I can see details in the art that were not visible in the original newsprint comics.