Special Report, 2-13-2019

It looks like the communist Maduro government is reaching the breaking point in Venezuela. There is an increasing push to bring humanitarian aid and food to the Venezuelan people, and it is reaching the point where the Venezuelan military leadership will have to either let them in, or support Maduro by firing on their own people.

There is also an interview with the neighboring Colombian president on his perspective and actions regarding the situation. And he suggests, what is mostly common sense, economic investment by other nations in central America, creating business and jobs in the region to stop the exodus out of the region looking for better opportunities. I was surprised, he said Colombia has been second only to the U.S. in foreign investment there. But he encourages more.
It made me think that a percentage of Central American immigrants must be going south to other hispanic nations. If I were hispanic wanting to leave Central America, I would want to immigrate to a spanish-speaking alternative nation similar to my own, such as Costa Rica, Mexico, Colombia, Venezuela, Panama, Peru, Ecuador, Bolivia, Chile, Uruguay, or Argentina. I'd say Brazil, but they speak Portuguese, so that would be as much of a language barrier as moving to the english-speaking United States.
I'd like to see news coverage of what percentage of Central Americans leaving are going to somewhere other than the United States. Maybe the majority beeline to the U.S., but some of them must be going elsewhere too. And we've all seen that the people on Tijuana are no more pleased with thousands of illegals coming into their country than we are here.