Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
This happened with Trump and Barr in charge. Somebody like Epstein who tried committing suicide prior to this should have been watched closer. But Epstein was also Trump's buddy and recruited underage sex slaves on Trump's property. I know you like your Clinton conspiracy stories but given Trump's history with Epstein there's going to be speculation and conspiracy theories there too.

That's such utter horsesshit.

Were Obama and Biden held personally responsible for not preventing every random shooter and scandal that occurred in their 8 years?
Sandy Hook shooting?
Fort Hood?
The shooting of Dallas police officers (whose deaths were more evidently caused by Obama's anti-police and Black Lives Matter-endorsing rhetoric)?
Lois Lerner and the IRS harassing and auditing Republican groups and large donors, so Obama could narrowly win re-election in 2012?

Obama let two U.S. Marines, in two separate incidents, innocent of any crime be falsely imprisoned in Mexico, and threatened, each for about a year, both near death when they were finally released. Obama intervened on the part of thug criminals like Michael Brown and Trayvon Martin, stoked the racial hatred of groups like Black Lives Matter and Al Sharpton. Obama caused the violent assaults and deaths of Black Lives Matter and with his rhetoric caused black mobs in the streets nationwide. And based on far less evidence, none, you accuse Trump and Barr of being responsible for Epstein's death?!?
Be serious.
There is zero evidence for the crazy shit you allege.

Another I can think of is a friend of the Tsarnaev brothers who was killed while detained for questioning after the Boston Marathon bombing. No one ever said Obama and Holder were responsible when that shooting in custody occurred. I linked an article about it back in the topic related to the Boston bombing. Holder I don't recall ever even launching an investigation.

In contrast, Barr was clearly outraged, and it was a surprise to everyone that Barr ordered a U.S. attorney investigation of Epstein's death less than 4 hours after his body was found. Barr saw an injustice, and immediateely demanded an investigation. Far from a cover-up.

So far as I've read (even in your Media Matters-variety far-reaching smears) Trump saw Epstein a few times socially at parties in New York, and maybe travelled with Epstein on a trip once. My impression is the one time Trump socialized separately with Epstein, Trump saw what Epstein was about, and immediately distanced himself.
And 15 years later, when Epstein assaulted an underage girl at Mar A Lago, Trump banned him from the club.
As opposed to, say, Bill Clinton, who travelled to Pedophile Island 26 times, and 4 times abandoned his Secret Service detail to cloak his misadventures on Pedophile Island.