Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
It's not a smear when it's documented and true. And Trump's friendship with Epstein is to well documented. Trump's claims about parting ways with Epstein because he assaulted one of Trump's underage girls appear to originate with Trump telling a former campaign aid that was the reason. So right before running for President Trump tells this story. That wouldn't mean anything to you if it was a democrat so why should it mean anything to me that a liar and sleaze ball like Trump is now telling this story? And don't bother trying to minimize Trump's relationship with Epstein for me. Trump was a guest at Epstein's home, he flew on Epstein's private plane and Trump in his own words talked about his friend's taste for younger women.

I didn't see anything in that paragraph that had the slightest whiff of a "documented" cited fact. But it sure does reek of irrational hatred for Trump.
It is a cited fact that Trump banned Epstein from his Mar A Lago club because Epstein assaulted an under-age girl. It's clear Trump doesn't run the club himself and others brought this to his attention, so there are certainly witnesses to Trump banning him from the club and familiar with the circumstances.

And AGAIN:
Trump took one trip with Epstein, saw what he was about and distanced himself. Prior to that, he seems to have only known Epstein in social settings at parties, and commented on his general impresion of Epstein.
As contrasted with Bill Clinton, who took 26 trips to Pedophile Island, and on four of those trips left behind his secret service detail to conceal his activities. On an island known and named for Pedophelia! Some others listed by the under-age girls as men they were forced to have sex with were Bill Richardson, Prince Andrew, and Alan Dershowitz.

Despite your best efforts to dodge the truth, those are the facts.