One America News (OANN) has had several stories in the last 2 weeks about the fact that more murders are commited in the U.S. with knives, not guns.

Likewise, there are more murders committed with hammers than guns.

Tucker Carlson in his opening editorial last night said that there are more aborted children who survive and are then killed post-birth to finish the job than there are killed in mass shootings. And that is with insufficient statistics from not even all states, and an effort is being made to gather more accurate statistics from all 50 states. But even the most limited statistics exceed mass shooting deaths.

As I've said elsewhere, in an average year, there are 2 to 3 times more auto deaths than gun deaths.

Should we outlaw all these things?

My central point is, it's threatening that the Left KNOWS that none of the current gun proposals will do ANYTHING to actually stop gun crimes. They will only punish and restrict gun ownership by the very people who have stopped many shootings before they occurred, or stopped shooters from killing even more people.
None of what's been proposed would have stopped the Sandy Hook shooting, or the Pulse Night Club shooting, or the Las Vegas hotel shooting, or the Parkland shooting, or the Aurora Colorado movie theatre shooting.
All these people went through the proper background checks, and lawfully obtained these weapons with no red flags. Or in the Sandy Hook case used his mother's lawfully obtained weapons that she trained him to use.

I'm all for laws that would actually prevent shootings. But what we see are feel-good legislation by Democrats to appease voters and under cover advance their anti-gun agenda, that won't stop shootings, and will only harm lawful gun owners.

As I aid before 78% of gun crimes are committed with weapons that were not obtained legally. Weapons stolen in burglaries, traded for drugs, borrowed without permission from friends or family. Of the guns obtained legally and used in crimes, there are no red flags that any laws would have prevented.
As OANN reported, 50% of the shooters were under psychiatric care, and EVEN THEIR MENTAL HEALTH PROFESSIONALS didn't see them in advance as a potential threat.

What has worked in the last week is tips to police that have prevented three more shootings.