Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
Actually she was denied entry entry than was allowed to visit her grandmother on the condition that's all she would do. That isn't free speech. And that all ignores the other one being denied entry. And you keep ignoring Trump's tweet telling Israel that they would look weak if they allowed them in. He is responsible for what he says correct? And yes Israel can ban who they want but by doing so they take a hit on their democratic values. That's probably why they hadn't previously done so till Trump's tweet.

To me you just confirmed all my points:

* Israel has the right to deny entry to anyone they find allied against or dangerous to their sovereignty.
* In accordance with that, Israel denied Tlaib and Omar entrance.
* Because Tlaib begged to see her grandmother, Israel compassionately made an exception for her, and continued to deny access to Omar because she is clearly allied against and hostile to Israel. Tlaib basically said "fuck you" to Israel and politically exploited the invitation and postured.
* Trump made a Twitter comment that didn't change a thing, those were Israel's laws, before, during and after Trump commented.
* Yes, Israel can ban whoever they want, it's their country and their national security.
* I see no compromise of Israel's values. They are just keeping people out who are hostile and want to destroy them. Keeping them out keeps them from advancing their cause.
* You babble about "free speech" violations, but that make no sense. U.S. free speech rights don't apply to Israel, they don't have a U.S. Constitution, they have an Israeli constitution, so yours is just a lying leftist talking point. Ultimately, Israel is keeping out enemies who want to undermine Israeli sovereignty and security. Even if U.S. "free speech" rights applied, the national interest supersedes alleged free speech.
Speech that foments violence, terrorism and revolution is not free speech, it is insurrection. And Israel has every right to protect itself from that, and not enable its enemies.