Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
So given recent events it's time for the unofficial Impeaching Trump thread. I don't take impeachment lightly but to me hearing Trump ask a foreign government to investigate his political rival crosses a line.

Trump had a very routine conversation with Ukranian president Zelensky, where Trump demanded nothing, and asked "if you could..." for Zelensky to have his legal staff send what they knew about the Ukranian interference in the 2016 election, and Crowdstrike, and the corruption investigation of Hunter Biden. Which by the way, Zelensky, not Trump, first raised in their phone conversation.

No demands, no threats, no quid pro qquo, just a simple request for information. And in point of fact, information that the Ukranians had repeatedly offered for 3 years to a Hillary/Obama-loyalist deep state FBI/DOJ, that had repeatedly been ignored by an FBI/DOJ completely indifferent to investigating it.

Originally Posted By: M E M
Simply put if Obama had done this I would be very unhappy.

Uh...

OBAMA [to Medvedev secretly]: "This is my last election, I can be much more flexible after the election..."

MEDVEDEV [eagerly!]: "I will transmit this information to Vladimir!"

Not to mention the threats in a letter to Ukraine from Senators Leahy, Menendez and Durbin, that made very clear that aid to Ukraine was completely dependent on cooperating with the Democrats to defame Trump in 2016.

Not to mention the Russia Dosssier funded by the DNC and the Hillary Clinton campaign, paying about $2 million dollars to Russian agents, two of whom were Russian intelligence chiefs.

What an amazing double-standard you have, M E M, to turn a complete blind eye to the blatant criminality and collaborative treason by your fellow Democrats.

Originally Posted By: M E M
Before the rough transcript of Trump's call was released I wasn't on the impeachment bandwagon even though I saw Trump being unfit and corrupt. With '20 right around the corner and him being voted out of office is going to the best form of impeachment. I also doubt enough republicans would actually vote for it no matter what. But Trump crossed a line that I think most people can see. It might feel better attacking the other side but it still doesn't change what Trump did.

Specifically WHAT ?!?!?
Nothing specific has been disclosed by the whistleblower. It is even clear he/she has no firsthand knowledge about Trump's call, only hearsay. Many Republican Senate and House members have said that when Trump 100% disclosed the minutes of his phone call, more was disclosed by Trump than could possibly hyave been known by the "whistleblower"! Period. The end.
There is nothing revealed that would suddenly warrant an impeachment trial, no new information.

The Democrat logic is: We hate Trump. We suport any contrivance that has a snowball's chance of deposing Trump.
But it doesn't. Not even all the Democrats in the House will support impeachment.
And even if it passed the House, the Senate has a majority of Republicans, who will never vote for impeachment. Not because Republicans have a corrupt partisan loyalty, but because there is no logical reason to impeach Trump. You can't even put into words a lucid thesis of what Trump is guilty of. Because it is a Democrat lie.

• from Do Racists have lower IQ's...

Liberals who bemoan discrimination, intolerance, restraint of Constitutional freedoms, and promotion of hatred toward various abberant minorities, have absolutely no problem with discriminating against, being intolerant of, restricting Constitutional freedoms of, and directing hate-filled scapegoat rhetoric against conservatives.

EXACTLY what they accuse Republicans/conservatives of doing, is EXACTLY what liberals/Democrats do themselves, to those who oppose their beliefs.