Yeah, it's on the record that Ditko quit DC in 1969 and stopped working on his own characters in BEWARE THE CREEPER (midway through issue 6) and HAWK AND THE DOVE, because he didn't like the way editor Dick Giordano had assigned him with two writers, Dennis O'Neil (on CREEPER) and Steve Skeates (on HAWK AND THE DOVE) all three of whom were liberals, and were taking his own creations in a direction he didn't like, with Ditko outnumbered and out-voted on the two series he himself created.

Kirby was definitely out there, mentally, in an absent-minded professor sort of way. I recall a story about him thinking of a story while driving and losing control of his car, swerving off the road, far away in thought on a story idea. That scared the hell out of whoever was in the car with him, I think one of his daughters, who recalled it later.

But I'm unfamiliar with any details of his politics. I'd love to know some precise details of his views. I can't imagine him being a Marxist, or a violent revolutionary in the mindset of William Ayers, or malicious revolutionaries like Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton, Valerie Jarrett or Van Jones. I'd love to know what Kirby did believe.
Even the radical fringe of the Democrat party was a lot more sane in 1994 at the time of Kirby's death, than it is now, 25 years later. As I've discussed previously, I met both Roz and Jack Kirby in 1987 at San Diego Con. But it never would have occurred to me to discuss politics with them.