Yeah, it was just the latest excuse to rage on America.
And the Democrats and liberal media chimed right in, repeating their lying talking points.

I watched several generals and other officers talk about the fact that these Shi'ite Iranian trained militias were killing ISIS fighters for a few years, but now with ISIS for the most part gone, they were (with Iran's backing) increasingly targeting Americans. And about 60% of Iraq (like Iran) is pro-Iranian Shi'ite, so of course they hate us.
The fact is, it was a U.S. air-strike to retaliate for the death of a U.S. military contractor. And that was on top of any number of Iranian provocations over the last two years, and really the last 40 years, where they shot down a U.S. drone, mine-bombed ships in the Persian gulf, and (back when Obama was president) seized a U.S. military ship and held its crew at gunpoint on video for the world to see. Along with seizing multiple ships from Japan and other U.S. allies, with either directly killing U.S. soldiers, or more indirectly supplied the training, weapons and IED explosives. IED bombs or training that killed and maimed thousands of U.S. soldiers over the last 18 years or so.

So... no one can say that there was not provocation from Iran, or that Trump has not resisted many provocations to escalate into a war with Iran.

I actually see the wisdom of Trump. In not starting another costly war, that the Iranian government is under sanctions that are destroying their economy, an Iranian islamic government that is increasingly unpopular, might just be voted out of office if Trump continues the crippling sanctions until their next election.
And a new more pro-western elected Iran government could just hand over their nuclear program for dismantlement, without the U.S. starting a war that could rally support for an otherwise unpopular government.