Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
The deficit btw isn’t roughly the same as when Obama was in office. It’s soaring. Tax cuts and increased spending does that. When you get back to demanding that it needs to be addressed I will know it’s bs. It’s only an issue when republicans don’t have the WH.

Like I said, Trump has already accomplished more in 3 years than any president in history, and the best record of any president on issues across the board of any president in 50 years. Better than Chinton or the Bushes, better than Reagaan even, and certainly far better than Obama.

So I give Trump a litle time to balance the budget. Trump has to win re-election to accomplish anything, and if he proposed cuts in his first term, he would have been demonized by the leiberal media and Dems as someone who "hates black and brown and poor people". Which by the way is what Dems said about Republicans from 2001-2008 every thime Republicans tried to prevent the housing bubble.

During Obama's term, the average annual deficit was between 1 and 1.4 trillion. And if your party was so interested in reducing the deficit, the House Dems wouldn't have extorted another $2 trillion in social spending to allow Trump to get 700 billion to rebuild the military.
Only when Obama raised taxes did the annual deficits fall below 1 trillion annually. But then Obamacare was implemented, and that instantly added another 2 trillion in annual debt in a category hidden outside the official budget.