Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
And while I don’t see Pete Buttigieg being able to get the nomination, he has won enough now where he’s starting to get some attention from conservative propagandist’s like Limbaugh. It is gratifying to see a gay candidate do so well. We are still the country that elected an African American twice and a woman winning the popular vote in the last one.

What ever haappened to Democrats who want their sons and daughters to be judged "by the content of their character and not the color of their skin"?

Democrats are divisively all about bean counting, tokenism and identity politics, and they for three decades have splintered the country along race and class lines, for their own short-term political gain.

And I love how racial/multicultural inclusiveness by Republicans is invisible to Democrats.

A few examples:

Clarence Thomas, black U.S. Supreme Court justice, appointed by G.H.W. Bush in 1991.

Jeane Kirkpatrick, first woman appointed U.S. ambassador to the U.N., 1981-1985, appointed by Ronald Reagan.

K.T. McFarland, assistant defense secretary appointed by Ronald Reagan in 1981.

Edward J. Perkins, a black man appointed U.S. ambassador to the U.N. (fired by Clinton as soon as Clinton was inaugurated in Jan 1993, replaced by Madeleine Albright). The third black man appointed ambassador, two previous black appointments under Jimmy Carter.

Nikki Haley, first woman and Sikh/Indian appointed U.S. ambassador to the U.N., and also first woman and Indian governor of South Carolina. Appointed by Trump, 2017-2018.

Kelly Craft, current woman U.S. ambassador to the U.N., appointed by Trump, 2019-present.

Colin Powell, first head of the U.S. military's Joint Chiefs of Staff. Under G.H.W. Bush.
Then appointed Secretary of State under George W. Bush, 2001-2004.

Condoleezza Rice, first black woman National Security Advisor, appointed by W. Bush, 2001-2004. Then in W. Bush's second term, Rice became the first black woman Secretary of State, replacing Powell.

Alberto Gonzales, first hispanic U.S. Attorney General, 2005-2007. Appointed by President George W. Bush.

And on the gay side:

Richard Grenell, current U.S. ambassador to Germany, 2018-present, aappointed by Trump.
And prior to that Grenell was U.S. spokesperson at the U.N. embassy.

I'm sure there are others I could list if I thought about it more.

Several conservative pundits are gay, that I see regularly on Fox News:

Tammy Bruce

Guy Benson

Again, it annoys me that these conservative/Republican minorities are invisible to Democrats and the liberal media.

And I notice that minorities just quietly serve in Republican administrations, and don't make a huge spectacle of their ethnicity or it being a first. They're closer to what I always envisioned with Star Trek (original series) in the future, where racial/ethnic differences weren't even noticed or discussed, they just quietly became one culture in the future.
Closer to Martin Luther King Jr's vision of being recognized by the content of their character rather than the color of their skin.

Whereas with Democrats, they're the race-conscious bean-counters, and they use it divisively. And make a freak-show of a minority being appointed, constantly bringing it up every day that they're minorities. Where it's not even about selecting someone competent, it's more a case of the person selected HAS to be black, or HAS to be hispanic, or HAS to be a woman, irregardless of competency.
Or gay, apparently.

Way back on the DC boards, circa 2000-2002, before we ever came here to RKMB to post, I cited an article that said ironically that while gays bemoan being a persecuted minority, at that time they were the highest earning demographic group in America.

It is becoming increasingly clear to me that Democrats, far from simply wanting equality for everyone, want to displace and crush white/conservative/Christian America.
And the terms "multicultural" and "diversity" are code words for squeezing out and de-platforming white/conservative/Christian America. And there are a multitude of examples to back that up.