Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
More money was in play for previous dangers like Avian Flu in the past. I think it’s stupid to now come up with a much smaller amount of funding for a virus that seems to be spreading much faster. But Trump’s low ball number was made when he was talking about the stock market being good while it was plummeting. His efforts to downplay this threat is going to cost us dearly. And instead of leadership we get the usual partisan tantrums from a truly unfit pos.

And under Obama we actually had a capacity that was working in other countries including China in trying to prevent something like this happening. All that dwindled under Trump.

The way Trump spent half of what Hillary Clinton did, but still won the 2016 election in an electoral landslide victory?
Throwing more money at the problem doesn't necessarily mean choosing the most effective strategy. I don't observe that CDC or NIH are clamoring for more money than Trump is proposing. It seems to me that Democrats are just throwing out another lying narrative with nothing to back it up.

AGAIN: What are the detailed proposals that warrant $8 billion, rather than Trump's proposed $2.5 billion?
It's just Democrat lying damagoguery, with no science or statistical facts to back it up.

Or as pundit Larry Elder termed it, "an even greater outbreak of TDS: Trump Derangement Syndrome".