Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
There isn’t a lying narrative in having valid criticism over Trump’s almost daily bouts of misinformation on coronavirus. You tell me how it’s good that Trump lies and says anybody can get tested if they want when even Pence is saying we don’t have enough kits?

I don't see any cited facts there, just lying narrative with no specifics to back it up. Trump said that it's inevitable that some people will go to work with the virus knowingly or unknowingly infected. Lying Democrats twist that to say Trump is encouraging them to go to work sick.
And I don't see where it's a "lie" for Trump to say that at present the kits are not available everywhere yet, but health officials are working hard to get them produced and distributed to every corner of the U.S., so that in every city doctors and hospitals will be able to test those who might have the virus.

I mean, if I go to a supermarket and the shelves for rubbing alcohol and disenfectant wipes are completely empty, does anyone really believe your lying propaganda that Trump said there are test kits for everyone in America? No. Obviously, they are working to make the test kits available, that are not ready yet. I pay more attention to what the CDC and NIH have to say, than what Trump or his political enemies are saying.

Originally Posted By: M E M
And Obama declared an emergency when just 20 people in this country were infected with something that had a much lower mortality rate than this virus. Oh and guess what your rotten pieces of garbage like Hannity were doing while this country was fighting H1N1?

Total horseshit. I just told you what the numbers were.

“ And what were Sean Hannity and other right-wing media figures doing at the time? They were waging a serious misinformation campaign about the H1N1 flu, the vaccine, and the Obama administration’s response to it. For example, radio host Rush Limbaugh speculated that the administration was “hyping the number” of cases in order to “sell health care” — referring to the administration’s efforts to pass the Affordable Care Act.

How is it that I watched Hannity almost nightly through the Obama years and never saw this?
Whereas you, who don't watch Hannity, and get what you "know" about Hannity and Fox News from Media Matters, allegedly know this?

At the time, Hannity fearmongered that a committee recommendation of the priority list in case of vaccine shortages amounted to government rationing against seniors, which had been a common right-wing scare tactic during the passage of the Affordable Care Act. (In the specific case of the H1N1 flu, seniors were less at risk in comparison to young children.)

And even while warning of vaccine shortages and rationing, Hannity in October 2009 hosted anti-vaccine radio personality Deirdre Imus, who insisted it was “misinformation” that the vaccine was even safe to begin with.

The Obama administration did plan "death panels" for Obamacare, to shut out the elderly from care, to make more rationed healthcare resources available for younger people. It was widely discussed that an illegal immigrant in his 40's would qualify for heart surgery, while a taxpaying U.S. citizen in his 70's or 80's would be rejected for the prrocedure.
As recently as a week ago, Mike Bloomberg was voicing the same ideas, of denying care to the elderly, to ration more care to be available for the young.

It makes me laugh that the maniacs in your party deny this.

The same month, Limbaugh also publicly boasted that he wasn’t getting the vaccine, defiantly stating, “Screw you, Miss [HHS Secretary Kathleen] Sebelius. I am not going to take it, precisely because you’re now telling me I must.” He also gave voice to conspiracy theories from Louis Farrakhan that the vaccine might have been developed just to kill people.

I think you know you’re actually the one with the lying narrative WB .

Again, I listen to Hannity almost nightly, certainly all through the Obama years, and I haven't ever heard any of this.
And Hannity isn't someone where he says something one night, he repeats himself a lot over many nights and weeks. I trust my own memory of watching Hannity almost nightly since 2008, over the slice-and-dice of what he actually said as spit up by Media Matters or some other liberal blog.
Something Media Matters likes to gloss over is when things are saaid as aa joke by Hannity, Limbaugh, Trump or whoever on the conservative side, and fronting that they were dead serious when saying it. For example, when Trump jokes in front of a campaign rally that Russia must have hacked Hillary Clinton's e-mail server, hey, why don't we just ask for the missing e-mails from Russia. And next day in Mediaa Matters and other liberal sites, they are reporting that Trump was secretly conspiring with Russia to get the e-mails from them, rather than just joking about it on TV in front of an audience of thousands.
If there is any truth whatsoever to what you allege, I would guess that Rush Limbaugh was just mentioning Louis Farrakhan's conspiracy theories in a joking context, to show that even among far-left liberal circles there was dissent and distrust about HHS secretary Sebelius' credibility on a vaccine.
As I recall, Sebelius was the one at the center of the utter and complete failure of Obamacare's launch in 2013, that began with complete chaos and a website that no one could register on for months, along with many hired healthcare registration agents who had previous convictions for fraud and identity theft, and were doing so again with information of peeople they registered. Complete chaos. This may have been the final straw that resulted in her resignation.