Originally Posted By: Wonder Boy
 Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
Some good news is the house passed a Coronavirus bill that Trump is urging republicans to support. (I think) I read reporting yesterday and my impression is that Trump wasn’t going to support it, his gop toadies were on all board not to support it. At some point in the early evening though it became apparent that nobody told the toadies that Trump was now for it. I give Trump credit for at least realizing that he needs this bill for his political survival. I give Pelosi credit for doing all the work that will ultimately benefit most politically a shit bag that can’t even handle meeting her. Pelosi in a time of crisis got a bill put together for some much needed relief as the virus sweeps the country.

I saw an interview early this morning with a Republican House member who would not vote for the emergency bill, because he had no opportunity to read the bill in advance, and said he supports the president and respects Pelosi, but under those conditions could not vote for it.

He said that only Pelosi possibly knows everything that's in it.

So it's another case of "You have to pass it to see what's in it."
Which, on the part of those in both parties who passed it, is irresponsible government.
Pelosi had already a day before it passed tried to sneak in a bypass of the 1976-legislated "Hyde Amendment" (that no government funding of abortion would be permitted, except in the cases of rape, incest, or risk to the like or health of the mother).
As Tucker Carlson termed it, "Pelosi tried to barter saving lives of adult Americans by funding the deaths of children."

It is loathesome that Pelosi and the Democrats would try to slip that kind of stuff into a bill for emergency funding containing a Wuhan Flu/"Covid-19" epidemic, that worlwide has a track record of killing about 1% of those infected. That is what they're playing games with.

I’ve heard accusations from both sides on this. The other side is saying that this was an attempt to tank the aid package by trying to create a false abortion issue. Outside of the accusations Pelosi negotiated a package with Trump (who couldn’t even set aside his partisanship to meet with her) that passed with only 40 republicans voting against it.

Fair play!