I haven’t heard what you’re hearing from the news media. If we’re speaking about the media generally, there is genuine concern about avoiding becoming like Italy where the virus has overwhelmed them. I can see that closing everything down itself causes economic damage but as you say it would be worse if things were kept open. As it is our country doesn’t have the testing capacity even now to really know how much of it has spread. I think states need to all adopt a shelter in place for a chance to really slow this virus down. These days I pretty much assume I have it and keep away from everyone I can btw. And I’m still very much angry that our President downplayed this threat. Glad he’s changed his tone but while this was growing in this country I heard so many people at work echo what he said. And even with a more serious tone he still lies about potential drugs and how fast they can actually be out. Still taking swipes at dems and the media. The criticism has to be tweaked now that the illusion of having this contained or under control is gone. Shit bag takes no responsibility for anything he says or does but nothing new there.

Fair play!