Originally Posted By: Wonder Boy
 Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
I remember Trump thanking China back than. That would have been around the time our agencies tried briefing him on the threat of the virus according to news reports. It would have been nice if China had done the right thing just like it would have been nice if Trump had acted on the information he was briefed on instead of proclaiming that the virus was contained.

Good Lord, can you stop partisanly demonizing Trump for 5 minutes?

Trump stopped the flights from China early on, against advice from the so-called experts, and retroactively that has saved thousands, possibly millions of American lives from the uncontrolled spread that would have happened very early on. I don't see any evidence that Biden, Sanders, Hillary or Obama would have handled thiss crisis better than Trump. By all evidence, they would have never suspended flights, would never have secured our borders, and are still calling Trump a "racist" for doing so.

And still calling Trump a "racist" for even calling it Wuhan Flu or Chinese virus, for identifying the nation that negligently unleashed this plague on the world.

What Trump has done right: THERE! What I said above. The suspended travel, fast-tracking availability of possible cures, mobilizing private sector companies to do testing, halting detainment of illegals inside the U.S. and immediate repatiating them. If you absolutely must be partisan, I wish you could admit that obviously no Democrat would have taken those preventive measures and prevented the massive escalation of cases in the U.S.

I would further argue that no other Republican would have taken the preventive measures that Trump has early on. I think Trump is the best man we could have hoped for to run the White House in this crisis.

Is he perfect, did he make a few verbal gaffes in his attempts to assure and calm a terrified nation? Yes.
Did those gaffes make any real difference, in the larger contest of medical experts out there onstage with him on most occasions, where medical facts can be separated from assuring rhetoric? No, they made no difference at all. Except to be exploited by vicious partisans who would gladly destroy this nation just to make the slightest political gain.

When your side calls the president "racist" for simply identifying this as a virus that originates from China and was spread by the negligence of the Chinese Communist Party, you are literally acting as an auxiliarry of the Chinese Communist Party to spread their lying talking points and hide their negligence.

His lies are not really gaffes and yeah I had to deal with coworkers following Trump’s lead and not realizing how important social distancing is. After restricting travel the shit bag not only downplayed the threat and drowned out his experts with misinformation but left states scrambling for supplies after the virus was being spread in the country. He needs to just stfu and let the experts do the messaging. The whole deal of him crossing out coronavirus in his notes and speech and replacing it with China was just the usual dumb stunts he excels at. I wouldn’t care what the shit bag wants to call it but apparently scared stupid people are attacking fellow countrymen because of their ethnic background. Trump didn’t add anything helpful for the country he’s failed by calling it the Chinese virus. He thrives on stupid stuff like that though.

Fair play!