Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
https://youtu.be/ifKbwDf51bA
A short clip of Fox’s people like Ingraham & Hannity downplaying coronavirus and than their flip to taking it seriously. Shameful and also dangerous as Fox viewers according to polling mostly bought in and were slower in taking the threat seriously. Like Trump they played a role in downplaying a growing danger. I’m glad the likes of Hannity & Ingraham are now taking it seriously but have no idea how their viewers cope with the whiplash. Tucker Carlson it should be noted is an exception. Unlike the others Tucker took the threat seriously while the others didn’t.

That clip you posted is so slice-and-diced as to wipe out any context in the Fox hosts quoted. Trish Regan in the opening clips (for other later on-air comments) was taken off the air a week ago.

Hannity, Ingraham and Tucker Carlson have all shown montages of liberal reporters downplaying the threat of Covid-19 until very recently, and then hypocritically bashing Trump and other conservatives for allegedly downplaying the virus in an irresponsible way. Watching Fox daily the last two months, I think it's fair to say they higlighted Covid-19 as potentially serious, but also held out the hope it would burn out quickly as so many virus outbreaks before have. And their optimism that it would reflected the rhetoric of CDC and NIH officials.
The bottom line is, no one knew until mid February just how contageous Covid-19/Wuhan Flu is. China denied us information, and it was only when South Korea cooperated and shared research findings from their own outbreak with the CDC, and much later research from China after, that we began to learn about its severity.

I still say it's clear that Trump took this seriously early on, stopping travel from China, despite taking criticism for it as "over-reaction" and "racist" by the same people who are attempting to flip the table and accuse Trump and Fox of downplaying it. And I watch Fox News daily, whereas you just watch Media Matters slice-and-dice clips and hit pieces, for you to even know what Fox News says.

Without question, for all the Democrat smears, the truth is Trump has done a number of things to rally the fight against this virus in unprecedented ways, that no Democrat would ever do. As I've outlined repeatedly above. The people who accused Trump of "over-reacting" would absolutely not have defended us more. They would be like Angela Merkel who is resigning to it overwhelming her country.