Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
My state just issued one that will go into effect tomorrow. Governor Walz made it clear that it wasn’t going to reduce the infection rate but that the data they have says it will prevent icu’s from being overwhelmed. Hopefully their data is accurate enough!

And for big events Florida is a big spring break destination. I have a lot of family that went to Florida for a week in the last month. One Aunt stupidly went just 2 weeks ago when common sense really should have kicked in.

It won't prevent those who are already infected. But it will stop transmission to more people from doubling or tripling the number infected.

I've called all the Florida officials I listed above, some repeatedly. The county commissioner's secretary let on to me that there's a lot of pressure to issue a shelter-at-home order, and that it will likely happen soon.
They've already issued a lot more restrictions and closures since yesterday. Can you believe there were people golfing up until 5PM yesterday here? Up to the moment Desantis closed them.