Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
I expect my president to be better than China in trying to protect us. Shame that you don’t.

Fuck you, M E M, you're such a frigging liar.

I certainly care about a president and other leaders protecting us. And if you were honest, you would admit that Trump has done a far better job of protecting us that ANY DEMOCRAT would have, and I think any milquetoast Republican like McCain or Romney or Marco Rubio as president. Trump has had the guts to do the right thing on multiple occasions that no other president would have:

* securing the Southern border, halting illegal immigration.

* the travel ban on China Jan 31st, very early on, that even his advisors pushed against him doing.

* The further later suspension of flights from Europe.

* A hardball trade war with China for the last year, that had already driven a lot of U.S. manufacturing out of China and back to the U.S. and other countries, so that we were far less reliant on Chinese exports at the time this Covid-19 flu crisis began.

* Trump rallied private industry to do testing locally at centers nationwide. Like no sociaalist Democrat would, entrusting the private sector.

* And Trump got companies nationwide to mass-produce masks, ventilators and other needed medical supplies for emergency rooms nationwide. Like no Democrat would have done.

* And Trump has pushed like no Democrat would to give government checks to the lowest-wage and hardest-hit workers, while the piece-of-shit Democrats delayed and extorted every unrelated spending add-on they could for unrelated liberal wet-dream spending programs (green new deal, sanctuary cities, funding for NPR and PBS, museums and the arts, same day voting and registration that enables Democrat election fraud, etc.), only some of which were weeded out in the final legislation. That shows exactly how cynical and negligent Democrats are of the crisis.

DON'T EVEN TRY to pretend that Democrats care more about people or are not viciously corrupt and self-serving. Or that Dems would have done all the things Trump did in advance to protect us.

If Hillary were president, we'd have cases in the millions and our hospitals would be overwhelmed. I've already linked evidence to show the Democrat Bolsheviks who would have left the southern border wide open, and allowed 20,000 Chinese travellers a day to continue flowing into our airports, that would have increased the body count exponentially if Dems were in power.
And Democrats cynically put millions of Americans at risk by holding up relief legislation to extort partisan spending add-ons for unrelated programs. And undermining Trump with exactly the lying talking points narratives you are fronting now, in complete denial of the true facts. I shit on the integrity of your party.

Originally Posted By: M E M
[Trump} was downplaying it even after I knew better. I complained about a couple of times in this thread that people at work were just echoing what he said.

Trump implemented a travel ban Jan 31st, while Democrats like Pelosi, Deblasio and his health commissioner and Andrew Cuomo were still encouraging people to go about their normal lives, go to crowd events, and ultimately get infected. As were the New York Times and Washington Post. Hannity pretty much nightly cites the articles and video clips proving this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eedSj9j6Qj0

You hold an incredible double-standard in your lying narrative, as you ignore the comments of Democrat leaders and the liberal media who said Trump was a racist and an alarmist "over-reacting" with the precautions he took as president. I'm so sick of your lying narrative, that I've disproven repeadtedly, and you still keep spitting up the same lying talking points.

The only mistake has been not having testing kits to do advance mass testing as South Korea did (from what I can see, the only country with a large population that has handled this epidemic as well as it could be handled.) And as I've cited repeatedly, that was an internal error in the CDC where they selected a kit that didn't work, and was their responsibility, not Trump's.
In the absence of available mass-testing, if Trump had taken the only other option and done a 50-state "shelter at home order" around Feb 20th or 24th (as finally happened in Italy, Germany, France, Spain and the U.K., you would have again accused Trump of "over-reacting", even though that is exactly what needed to be done.

The only other error is that while the China flights were susppended Jan 31st, foreign travellers found a way around it by flying to Seattle, L.A., and New York by indirect flights from other countries than China. Chinese travellers from Wuhan who couldn't fly into the U.S. instead went to Italy, Germany France and Spain. In retrospect, there could have been a 14-day quarantine on all international visitors to the U.S.

But ultimately, you ignore the enormous contribution to sreading the Covid-19 paandemic by Democrat leaders and the liberal media, and their attempts to obstruct Trump from protecting us. It is laughable to suggest that these Democrats would have protected us more than Trump has.
Quit being such a liar talking-points robot.

• from Do Racists have lower IQ's...

Liberals who bemoan discrimination, intolerance, restraint of Constitutional freedoms, and promotion of hatred toward various abberant minorities, have absolutely no problem with discriminating against, being intolerant of, restricting Constitutional freedoms of, and directing hate-filled scapegoat rhetoric against conservatives.

EXACTLY what they accuse Republicans/conservatives of doing, is EXACTLY what liberals/Democrats do themselves, to those who oppose their beliefs.