Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
I can tell you from working in the medical device field that like every other industry, most of it was farmed out to other countries before Obama got into office. I will admit it’s a good political strategy for the gop to try to shift any blame they can. With Trump though I question if the usual tactics will work. We have a pandemic and a leader that didn’t take it seriously to begin with nor will accept any responsibility. Getting Jared on stage to talk about the federal stockpile as theirs and not the states is more of the same.

Because you have such a fair and neutral opinion of President Trump, and always gave a balanced evaluation of his efforts before criticizing him.
Quite the opposite, you just kneejerk out a diatribe to whatever he does, and this is just a continuation from RussiaRussiaRussia to the Mueller investigation, to whistleblower Eric Ciaramella/Ukraine to impeachment, to now the Covid-19 pandemic. This is just the latest thing to slander Trump on.

AGAIN: I see absolutely no evidence that any Democrat would have done a better job as president. Obama depleted the CDC reserves of equipment for a pandemic, and then did not restore the reserves to be ready for the next pandemic, and here we are.
Biden just admitted yesterday that Trump did the right thing on Jan 31st banning travel from China. After railing on Trump for 2 months as over-reacting and being a racist/xenophobe.

Despite warnings in New York state for years of a shortage of ventilators and emergency equipment, Gov. Andrew Cuomo didn't fund pandemic preparedness, and is now catching up and blaming Trump for his own inaction toward medical preparedness.

The governors of Washington state and California seem to be doing a much better job of containing and shortening the outbreak in their states.

You can always slander Trump after the crisis, but geez, give the guy a chance before you pull out the long knives.